NB! This track text is confirmed and approved by track chairs.
- Sharon Maes, Department of Ecotechnology and Sustainable Building Engineering, Mid Sweden University, Sweden.
- Francisco A. Comín, Pyrenean Institute of Ecology-CSIC. Spain.
Goals and Objectives of the Track
Marine and freshwater ecosystems provide highly valued and used services. Preserving the provision of these services and their contribution to the sustainable development of the human society requires continuous research considering ecologic, economic and social aspects, and the improvement of their governance. Promoting the integration of the rationale use of the marine and freshwater environment while improving its biodiversity and functional processes is the objective of this track.
Life under water focus on:
- The development of methodologies to evaluate and manage marine and freshwater resources.
- Assessing the economic benefits of using the marine and freshwater environment and searching for its sustainable use.
- To ascertain the linkages between marine and continental processes in order to provide management tools for their integrated and sustainable development.
- Fundamental and essential contributions to improve the knowledge about the biodiversity and functional processes of aquatic environments.
- Local, regional and global studies on the marine and freshwater socio-ecological systems.
Length and content of the proposed abstract to the track
Each proposed abstract (in connection to an area pointed out above) of between 300 and 500 words (including all aspects),
- shall be best organized (without headlines) along usual structures (e.g. intro/method/findings or results/ discussion/conclusions)
- does not need to, but can include references
- shall provide in a final section
a. to which SDG(s) and SDG-target(s) their proposed abstract especially relate to (e.g. “SDG+Target: 14.1.”).
b. a brief indication how the proposed contribution relates to the topic of the Conference (“SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND COURAGE: CULTURE, ART AND HUMAN RIGHTS”).
Abstracts which do not outline points 3.a.) AND 3.b.) might not be given special consideration in the selection for potential publications and might be considered less relevant in the Review.
Potential publication channels
With regard to potential publications, depending on the number and quality of contributions the following publication opportunities have already been envisaged:
- Ecology and Society (https://www.ecologyandsociety.org). Impact Factor: 4.1 .Indexed: ISI, PAIS, CSC, DOA, CABI
- Fronteirs in Environmental Science (https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/environmental-science). Impact Factor 2.7. Indexed: Scopus, Web of Science, AGRICOLA
Deadline for submitting abstracts: See Submissions