The International Sustainable Development Research Society (ISDRS) welcomes early career researchers, including doctoral and master students, to participate and present their work during the PhD day on June 14, 2022 (the day before the main conference starts).
The PhD day aims to support early career researchers working on sustainable development-related topics by providing them mentoring and peer networks. The PhD day will reflect this year´s conference themes: culture, art, human rights, and courage. Hence, in addition to the traditional PhD workshop, several sessions will expose participants to cross-disciplinary forms of knowing and expressing. A detailed program will be available before the conference.
How to apply
Any early career researcher attending the 28th ISDRS Conference, whose abstract was accepted and has paid the conference fee, is welcome to register for and participate in the PhD workshops held during the PhD Day, which will be in-person in Stockholm and online. The workshop will offer the opportunity to present and discuss your ongoing research with peers and senior academics. Participants interested in attending the PhD workshop should send an application email by the extended deadline May 2, 2022 to email@example.com with the subject “PhD Workshop ISDRS 2022”.
What to include in your application
The application e-mail should contain the following information:
1. Title of the research work;
2. Author name and affiliation;
3. Conference track related to topic;
4. The scope (MSc, PhD or other type of research) and goal of the research work (50-100 words);
5. The main research question(s) (50-100 words);
6. Main challenges faced by your research until now (50-150 words);
7. The main expectations regarding input from the colleagues and senior researchers during the workshop (50-150 words).
8. Your conference registration number
Applications will be matched with available mentors and peer groups. We will strive to accommodate all applicants; however, participation may be limited due to the availability of mentors.